- Molly Weasley is the mother of the pure blood wizarding family, the Weasleys. She was born into the Prewett Family, another wizarding family.
- Molly married Arthur Weasley and together they have 7 seven children: Bill, Charlie, Percy, twins, Fred and George, Ron, and Ginny.
- Molly had two brothers who were members of the original Order of the Phoenix. They were killed the first time that Voldemort tried to take over the wizarding world.
- Molly attended Hogwarts, where she met Arthur. They eloped shortly after they both graduated and during the period that Voldemort was trying to assume power.
- Molly takes Harry under her wing, becoming a surrogate mother to him. In the first book, Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone, Molly meets Harry on Platform 9 ¾ and helps him get onto it. During his first Christmas at Hogwarts Molly knits Harry a Christmas jumper (the same jumper that she knits for her children) and sends him some homemade fudge. Ron had written to her earlier and told her that Harry wasn’t expecting any presents.
- When Molly discovers that Fred, George, and Ron had stolen the flying car she is so angry that she makes her sons de-gnome the back garden.
- Molly has a crush on Gilderoy Lockhart although she will never admit to it.
- After Percy disowns his family for supporting Dumbledore after Voldemort’s return and moves to London, Molly goes up to talk to him. She appears at the door of his flat. Percy slams the door in her face. At Christmas he returns his jumper unopened and Molly is devastated.
- Molly’s confrontation with the Boggart at 12 Grimmauld Place revealed that her worst fear was something happening to a member of her family or Harry.
- Molly disapproved of her son, Bill’s, engagement to Fleur Delacour. She invites Nymphadora Tonks to the Burrow often, hoping to get Bill interested. She finally accepts Fleur’s love for Bill after Fleur refuses to leave Bill even after he is scarred during The Battle of the Astronomy Tower.
Fleur Delacour: “You thought I would not weesh to marry him? Or per’aps, you hoped? What do I care how he looks? I am good-looking enough for both of us, I theenk! All these scars show is zat my husband is brave!”
Mollly: “Our Great-Auntie Muriel, has a very beautiful tiara – goblin—made—which I am sure I could persuade her to lend you for the wedding. She is very fond of Bill, you know, and it would look lovely with your hair.”
- For his birthday, Molly gifts Harry with a watch that once belonged to her dead brother, Fabian. Harry is so overcome with emotion that he interrupts her speech to give her a hug.
- At the Battle of Hogwarts Molly is devastated when Fred is killed. She lays across his chest and weeps.
- When the Battle of Hogwarts resumes, Molly battles Bellastrix Lestrange after she almost hits Ginny with a killing curse. She has what many consider to be the best line of the series: “Not my daughter, you bitch!!” Molly winds up killing Bellatrix. Voldemort is so incensed at the killing of his favorite that he tries to kill Molly. She is protected by Harry.
- At the end of the series, it is revealed that Molly and Arthur have twelve grandchildren. Percy has reconciled with his family and named one of his daughters, Molly, after his mother.