- Percy Ignatius Weasley is the third son of Molly and Arthur Weasley. He has two older brothers, Bill and Charlie, twin younger brothers, Fred and George, another younger brother, Ron, and a younger sister, Ginny. The Weasleys are a pure blood wizarding family known for their red hair and freckles. When we meet him in Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone, Percy is on his way to Hogwarts as a prefect, complete with a special badge. He is also beginning his fifth year.
- When Percy was made prefect, his parents gave him an owl, Hermes, and new robes. Previously Percy had to wear the hand me down robes of his older brothers as the Weasleys do not have a lot of money. Percy is made Head Boy in his final year at Hogwarts.
- Percy is constantly teased by his younger brothers, Fred and George. This constant teasing leads to Percy concealing his relationship with another prefect, Penelope Clearwater, for most of the second book. This concealment also contributes to Ginny being abducted and nearly killed.
- Percy looked after his sister Ginny during her first year at Hogwarts. He makes her take Pepper up Potion because he thought she looked ill. He also comforts Ginny when she becomes scared that Ron will be expelled.
- Percy received perfect scores on his N.E.W.T.S
- After he graduates from Hogwarts, Percy goes to work for the Ministry of Magic. He doesn’t work in the same office as his father instead he goes to work in the Department of International Magical Cooperation.
- Percy acted as a judge for the event during the Triwizard Tournament. He was filling in for his boss, Barty Crouch Sr. Barty Crouch had been ill since the Quidditch World Series. He primarily communicates with his assistant, Percy, through owls.
- After the Triwizard Tournament, Percy is promoted to assistant to the Minister of Magic, Cornelius Fudge. Percy tells his family expecting them to be pleased, but winds up getting into a huge fight with his father who believes that Fudge is just using him to spy on the Weasleys and the Order of the Phoenix.
“He went completely beserk. . .Her said Dad was an idiot to run around with Dumbledore, that Dumbledore was heading for big trouble and Dad was going to go down with him, and that he –Percy – knew where his loyalty lay and it was with the Ministry. And if Mum and Dad were going to become traitors to the Ministry he was going to make sure everyone knew he didn’t belong to our family any more. And he packed his bags the same night and left.”
Molly Weasley goes up to London to talk to Percy and he slams the door in her face. He also returns her traditional Christmas jumper, which further devastates her. Percy accompanies Rufus Scrimgeour, the new Minister of Magic, to the Burrow, to covertly recruit Harry Potter. Although Molly is happy to see him and hugs him, he reveals that he will not be reconciling with his family.
- Percy doesn’t fully believe that Voldemort has returned until the Death Eaters takeover the ministry. Percy joins his family at the Battle for Hogwarts. Percy and his father reconcile and together they defeat Pius Thicknesse. Percy then fights alongside his younger brother, Fred. He witnesses Fred’s porno and is visibly upset.
- After the end of the series, Percy becomes the head of the Department of Magical Transportation and marries a woman named, Audrey, and has two daughters. He names one of them, Molly, after his mother.